Skip to main content
UNO Student Organizations Info
I heard UNO student organizations can fundraise during Wear Black, Give Back. Is this true?
Yes! Student groups who sign up to fundraise can not only raise money but can earn bonus funds for their student group. Prizes will be awarded for most donors, most dollars raised and for achieving donor goals.
Wear Black, Give Back offers UNO students a unique chance to raise funds that will go directly back to their student organization. We encourage you to utilize social media, as well as reach out to alumni, students, parents, friends, professors or anyone else you can recruit to support your group’s efforts.
All student groups who register can compete for bonus funds for their organization:
- $1,000 for the group with the most donors by noon on Oct. 29.
- $1,000 for the group with the most dollars raised by noon on Oct. 29.
- $500 to a randomly selected group that registers to participate.
- $200 to each group that achieves 25 or more donors.
How to register:
Starting Sept. 1, register for Wear Black, Give Back here. Create a profile and fill out the form. You must represent a student organization registered on Presence with UNO Student Involvement to participate. Must be registered by Oct. 1. (Deadline extended! Register ASAP so you don't miss out.)
- We will confirm all student groups within a few days of registration. If you have not heard back within a week of registering, please contact email@example.com.
- In October, you will receive a Wear Black, Give Back toolkit and a link to your fundraising page. Once you have this link, send it to your members, your alumni, parents, friends, etc., and post it to your social media accounts with the hashtag #WearBlackGiveBack.
- A representative from your group will also need to attend a mandatory informational online meeting in October (dates and times TBD).
Student groups are advised that any funds raised through Wear Black, Give Back are assessed a 5% processing fee. Funds raised through this giving day will be available to student groups, less fees, approximately 45-60 days after the event.